Sunday, November 10, 2013

What is up with that?

What is up with the pace? 
Things are starting to bug me. I'm am getting bugged by how little time we seem to be able to find to spend on the boat. It's very frustrating how slow things are coming along, the progress is almost non existent and I am trying to adopt the attitude, "there's no rush." When in truth there is no rush except for the one I feel internally. I of course see work that needs to be done and I want it done. Now.
While Mark is busy working to pay for all this I am stuck in the house, I feel stuck out here in the woods, I am keeping busy with the everyday stuff, cleaning, cooking, homeschooling, party planning, Christmas prepping, etc, etc. But I want to be at the boat, scraping, painting, getting it done and it drives me crazy that I can't.

What is up with the dog?
Since we moved to this horrid place the dog has gone haywire. The summer of ticks and a nonstop round of fleas, the constant fear of little-dog-eating predators around here, strange cysts that keep popping out on her back and now for the past month, we switched her food to some great organic super healthy, best brand of dog food you can buy and she has lost weight, I can see her ribs and her bony little backbone and now she has stopped eating completely. (Except for the random crayon she finds lying around.) it's starting to freak me out. I have never been to the vet more times in my life than I have in the past few months and it seems we'll be having another visit soon. I hate living here in the country, I hate what it's doing to me, to my gas bill and now to my dog.




What is up with the plumbing?
If there is one thing I know I will miss about boat living is baths. The nights I don't go out in our hot tub I take a bath. A few nights ago I was pouring my bath, hopped in with my book and tea and started reading while I waited for it to fill. Once I felt it was high enough I looked away from my book to turn off the taps and saw myself floating in a merky pool of sludge. I don't think I have moved that fast... Ever. Still waiting for the landlord to get back to me on what is up with his house and what he intends to do about it.






Lastly, what is up with my goofy kids?
Thankfully in my world, of suffocating trees, snail paced boat renovations, dogs not eating and bathtubs corroding around me, I have three munchkins who don't seem to be touched by it all. Smiles with chocolate moustaches says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment