Friday, April 4, 2014

Amusing Parks.

We are in the middle of full vacationing. Marks time here in Florida is quickly coming to a close, two weeks went by awful fast. We have been on the run since he got here, a different amusement park each day. I gotta say, my feet are starting to feel all this trudging around, so much walking and standing and waiting.
This is how dad gets school done.


Wish I could take a nap in the middle of Disney world.


Cool trident.

Universal Studios.





Met Spider man, the boys are so jealous.


Couldn't track down iron man so I brought my own with me.


But the coolest part for Universal studios for us was all the Popeye stuff. She was such a good Olive Oyl.


Sweet Haven. Our boats namesake.


Swee'Pea, our dinghy.


In front of Popeyes ship.


While us parental units were traipsing around the amusement parks, the kids were home with the grandparental units, pool time and snorkel practice.


Of course we get back early enough to get in on the water fun.


Crazy kid is always wiggling.


Scooby is invading my personal space.

And of course the minute Mark gets to town, the diet goes out the window...
Dinner at Krusty burger. I actually got a wrap from Lisa's treehouse of horror, the food at Krusty burger was a little too life-imitating-art for my taste, their burgers and hot dogs were floating in a heated bucket of water (at least I hope it was water) before they slapped them in a bun, blah.


Mark was brave enough to try one.

When is Hogwarts you need to have some frosty butter beer, it was so good.



Mmmm, forbidden donut.

We carry on with our daily gallop through the amusement parks, we hit Hollywood Studios in Disney tomorrow with the whole crew, a busy day of rides, shows characters greetings and Disney being what is has become these days, I have to plan a day there as much as I would a sailing passage. I've got maps and apps and character and show time schedules and locations. I have our route plotted, our time table worked out, all crew members have been briefed and I as acting captain for the day am ready to take the con and guide us through the day and arrive safely back at our starting point ready to all drop, exhausted into bed.
Throw in some burnt shoulders, sore feet, shopping and ludicrous amounts of money being spent, and you have vacation success, I guess. This is our last time doing the Florida/Disney/amusement park thing, there is so many other places to go and things to do, time to experience some real world, don't get me wrong, the plastic, over commercialized world of Disney is a lot of fun, let's face it, if it wasn't fun there wouldn't be millions of people spending thousands of dollars to go there, but this is my fourth time, my kids second time in the last three years, it's time to move on to new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment