Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Moving Day

Moving day is finally upon us, packers are coming tomorrow to move out what is left of our stuff in the log house. We have been blessed with some great weather, just hoping it hangs in there until the weekend. 

Mark managed to dive on the hull of the boat, after a year in the slip we had a huge build up of barnacles, three hulls took him almost three hours in the water to scrape. 


Today we made two truck and trailer loads to the dump and brought in our first truck load of stuff to the storage unit. The packers are packing things we won't need while living on the boat but there are things we will need like winter clothes and school books that I didn't want packed. When we opened up the unit I was not impressed. It had been used previously as a workshop and had makeshift shelves build against the walls...


An old work bench...


Mouse poop.
Odd that when I asked about mice getting in they assured me they couldn't, well there is proof in the ...poop.


And they wonder how mice could be getting in?


When I said I wasnt paying $100/month for somebody else's mess and a rodent ridden unit they managed to come up with a better one.

As we spend our last night in the log house I don't feel any real sadness about leaving, maybe a bit of dread about the work that the rest of the week holds with the final move out and how much work is still left to do on the boat, but I hope this is the right move, certainly one we have worked towards and dreamed about and it's with excitement and a bit of apprehension we look ahead to our first night in our new home tomorrow.


Every move we dance out of one home and into another and this one is no different. No matter how much we hated living here, it was our home for a year and a half and there are memories which will always carry with us.

Sinatra gives us our usual last night send off...

"So, set 'em up Joe, I got a little story you ought to know
We're drinkin', my friend, to the end of a brief episode
Make it one for my baby and one more for the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment