Thursday, May 1, 2014

Everything is Coming Up... White.

Painting has finally started! I think this has been the moment I have been waiting for since we first went to look at our boat 8 months ago. For so long this poor boat has been abused and neglected from one owner to the next and after months of hard work I finally feel like we have done her justice and it's all going to start paying off.

Her ancient, dirty, mildew stained, cream coloured interior is being washed white. Fresh and clean and a new start, for Sweets and for us.
We have finished the construction work inside, patched the holes in the walls made from having knives chucked at them (I don't know why), she's sanded smooth and scrubbed down and primed and finally today the first coat of paint went on.

So white and shiny. 


The weather this last week has been amazing! I feel like I brought Florida home with me, we are certainly loving it. Hot, sunny days with a warm breeze and I can't stand being stuck in the house where the sun can't get through the trees. We've been hanging out at the marina playground while Mark is working, the kids are playing and getting some school done while I get some vitamin D.



School under the tree, salt water in the air, it doesn't get any better.

Painting the interior continues and hopefully by next week we can start prepping the outside for painting as well, here's hoping the weather continues to cooperate. Still waiting for trampoline materials to arrive, lifelines are ready to be installed but we want to get her painted before we put all  that hardware on.


No comments:

Post a Comment