Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Don't Take Me Out To The Ball Game.

Marks 34th birthday is coming up at the end of the month and for a present he asked if we could all go to a Mariners baseball game. The Canadian detachment here on Whidbey Island had some tickets bought for the Mariners, Blue Jay game which we could buy at a discounted price and they arranged a bus for transportation to Safeco field and back again. I agreed to this but knew better and shouldn't have gone, I don't like watching any sport other than the occasional tennis game back in the day but even that I haven't watched in years, and baseball is about a kin to watching paint dry but Mark assured me it was better live.
After an long bus ride into the city, I reaffirmed my misgivings about going, especially on a bus, I hate buses, I hate not being able to come and go as I please regardless of how much gas money it costs me. We were all in a decent mood when we arrived, still holding on to some hope that this would be fun and the kids and I might enjoy ourselves.


We got there an hour early so while everyone else headed downtown to a pub we wandered around the concourse looking for some food. We found the Mariner moose and got a picture.


We found a stand that sold gluten free food, bonus! And Ash had a hot dog. The rest of us had disgusting greasy pizza and my face broke out literally within minutes of finishing the slice.


Cotton candy is always a hit.





The game started at 7pm, it was a very long night.


We were in the lower bowl in foul ball territory but we couldn't see a thing, I could barely see what was happening and there was no way the kids could see either.


Half the stadium were Blue Jays fans but what's a ball game without some foam fingers, even if it is for the opposite team you are cheering for?





I knew it was a bad sign when the boys started whining to leave in the second inning, by the fifth I was just trying to get them to sleep, no such luck.


Ash was a good sport about it all.


Conked out on the bus on the way back.

Unfortunately Mark learned what I already knew, I do not do sports in any way shape or form, especially when it involves long bus rides and three kids who are too young to even know what is going on. It would have been better if Mark had gone alone, he would have enjoyed himself a lot more without us party poopers there. 
Well, it is, what it is and if one good thing came out of it, I don't expect Mark will ask me to ever go to another sporting event again.

Boat related news, we are in the middle of a rainy week, our month straight of hot sunshine is over and we are enduring our second day of rain on Sweets, I didn't think it was possible but we have sprung even more leaks than the last time, we are up to nine now, which bugs me, I only need one more to make it an even ten.
I am quickly becoming resigned to the fact that it is impossible to fix leaks in a boat, which does seem strange to me, they make the bottom of the boat watertight why can't the top be too? 
So instead of chasing leaks and re re-sealing the areas we have been trying to fix since we bought the boat I think it would be more prudent to arrange a tarp canopy I can hang over the boat when it rains, so that is my next project. 
When the sun comes back again Mark will carry on with fixing the rotten wood around the rear trampoline frames and installing the instruments up the mast, radar, wind system and a new VHF antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment