Friday, August 22, 2014

Quit Complaining.

It's been pointed out to me that I have been complaining a bit in my last few posts, less than exciting ball games and noisy boats disturbing my serenity, well that's just the way it goes, life on a boat is still life and a bit of complaining from a chronic complainer such as myself doesn't mean I am unhappy with boat living, not at all. 
I love our boat, even on rainy days when I have it draped with tarps and pots catching leaks around the cabin, I love our marina and our location, tucked away at the end of the dock, a view of the mountains out my rear hatch. But stuff happens. A life afloat isn't a recipe for constant bliss, if anything it has all the ingredients to make the opposite true, cramped space, constant repairs, other boaters, etc... But a house is no different, more space to clean, yards to maintain, neighbours...

Whatever your situation it comes down to attitude and how you will handle the annoyances that come along and because we love our boat and think this is the best life for our family right now it helps us put up with the odd inconveniences like finicky water heaters, leaky hatches and wake from motor boaters. But there are still those times when the kids are in fractious moods and all the GFCI outlets trip and won't reset and my tiny fridge is so stuffed that all the eggs fall out and break all over the floor when I open the door, that I'm still going to get a bit cranky.
You can feel summer slipping away, the mornings are cold and cloudy but it burns off by lunchtime. I can't say I'm not concerned about the impending weather shift, wind storms and rain everyday, we have commissioned the only canvas man in Oak Harbor to make us a cockpit enclosure but he is so busy that he can't get to it until the end of September. Hoping the weather holds off.

A saggy dinghy is not something we are ever pleased to see. After hundreds of dollars spent on patches and the sealant that you put inside the tube and completely painting the outside of it we had hoped we had fixed the leak, unfortunately not so. Weeks later and we have a flaccid dinghy again. 

Mark put more coats over the patch and we are holding air again, but we all know it is temporary, currently making plans for another option, inflatable anything does not work with us.

Mark is tickled pink to finally have his radar installed up the mast, of course once he went through the nerve wracking task of dangling 25 feet in the air trying not to drop the $$$$ radar, he goes to run the wires down the mast to get power and the wire is too short. So the radar is up but we are waiting for a longer cord to arrive.
The stubborn tooth finally came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment