Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent Day 2

Well yesterday's Random Act of christmas kindness went well. Being a Sunday and. Long weekend, things were dead around town, on our way in to church the kids took turns riding up front on our laps as we drove around Coupeville taping chocolate marshmallow snowmen and our RACK'd note onto bus stop benches and doors of closed stores for their owners to find when they open up.



After church and finishing our delivering we came home to continue decorating the tree which turned into a nightmare. We only needed to string 2 more strands of lights on the top and we'd be done, but the minute we plugged the fourth strand into the ones already on the tree, the whole tree went dark. At first we had no clue what had happened, Mac had been playing near the tree and we figured he pulled a bulb or something. After checking all the strands we found the bottom one had blown a fuse. So we replaced the fuse and restrung it and then went back up top to carry on with the new lights, no sooner as I start and the tree goes dead again. The bottom strand blew another fuse. So we thought that maybe we had a faulty timer that it was plugged in to. We took the bottom strand off again, changed the fuse and restrung it on the tree, went back up top to try again to get the new lights on and it happens again. By this point I think I have smoke coming out of my ears. We used up the last of our fuses because I had thrown out the extra ones by accident. 
By this point I am seeing red and am imaging inventive ways to turns this tree into a pile of smouldering splinters and I start viciously tearing lights off, needles flying, bows cracking when mark googles our problem and discovers that you cannot string more than 3 strands of lights together on one outlet. I have never heard of that in my life. Beyond frustrated I retreat to my room to calm down and search out Hanukkah traditions for next year as I was seriously considering converting.
Mark, not giving up, tears through three disgusting garbage bags and finds the tossed out fuses, replaces the broken ones, finds some extensions cords to run up the tee and we finally get the lights on the tree. Only took 18 hours but now we can move on to actually decorating, so frustrating.

Finn leaving our candy at a bus stop.

Finn leaving one on the library door.

Today our RACK was making ten cards to send to Holiday Mail for Soldiers and then we brought a platter of Christmas cookies with us for the postal workers at the post office when we went to mail them. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures for this one, forgot my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment