Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas and Boxing Day Sail.

Well we have made it through another year, Christmas was not as bad this year, I think the combination of grandparents cutting down on amount of presents (a little bit) and the kids are older we didn't have any melt downs or  too much crankiness. But we've decided as a family that we still go overboard and Christmas has been the same thing for thirty years so next year we have booked a ski chalet at Silver Star ski resort in Vernon, BC. Since I've spent the day trying to reorganize my house that has been completely demolished I think that would be nice.

Curtesy of Nanny and poppy the kids had daily treasure hunts leading up to christmas.


The elf made a grand final few days and he's gone again for another year.
Christmas Eve.


We looked for white hair spray or even white hair dye but couldn't find any anywhere so I whipped up a crochet beard.
The guys reading up on their remote control helicopters.
Blurry Santa Daddy pictures, I told the kids I would try to get some pictures of Daddy once he changed into Santa, but I said he moves so fast it might be hard.
All the gifts under the tree.
Vintage Polly pockets Ash.
Mac with his haul.
Finnys booty.
Ashy presents, they all made out like bandits, or pirates?
The boys got real bow and arrows, the garage is now a target range.
Christmas Day game of monopoly. 
Setting up Finns race track he asked for, 30 feet of electric track, I think everyone has fun with it.
Since we had the abundance of babysitters here, Mark and I took Boxing Day as an opportunity to get out sailing without three screaming kids. It was perfect, funny how everything goes flawlessly when you aren't all frazzled and strung out.
It was cold though.
Mark got new Helly Hansen gear while I froze.
The new GoPro we got from Nanny and Baba.
We had about 5 to 6 knots of wind and with both sails up clocked 9 knots. And this was our first time docking without any hiccups. We got some walkie talkies for Christmas so I could guide mark int form the bow, previously he couldn't hear me when I shouted back directions,  worked like a charm,
Now comes the clean up, the take down, the organizing, finding space for new stuff, sorting through old stuff, trying to make headway through a few fridges of food, New Years resolutions and losing the unwanted pounds the season has brought on. I am always glad when it's all over and things can get back to normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment