Thursday, December 5, 2013

Advent Day 4

Unfortunately because of the vehicle situation the kids and I were trapped in the house yesterday and we were not able to get out and do our Random Act of kindness for that day. I would love to take the bus in to do it but since we are so far out the bus only runs once an hour by our place, we have to walk 20 minutes to get it then an hour milk run ride into town just to tape five envelopes of quarters to laundromat machines then take an hour bus ride back and a 30 minute walk back home because it's  up a huge hill going back. We do not have enough spare time to do that with school so we have to do that one today, day 5.
So since we were house bound yesterday I got some baking done, Marks new favourite loaf, eggnog with run glaze. Gluten free of course.



Elferino was hard to find this morning, so I had to get up early to help them find him, sneaky elf got into the chocolate chips.

our tree is done. Once Mark got home last night wearied hanging ornaments, Aislinn was so excited, she'd been bugging me all day to decorate it. It was a frantic dash grab, the kids riffling through my treasured ornaments, some I've had since I was born or older, and me trying to make sure nothing got broken. Thankfully only one bulb was dropped, by Mac, and it wasn't an important one. Whew.

Sugar plums dancing in their heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment