Friday, December 6, 2013

Stop Counting, Just Doing.

December 5th, wow it seems like it should be so much later than that. Our random act of kindness for today was baggies of quarters for a load of laundry taped to the machines in the laundromat.
On our way into town for Tae Kwon Do we drove passed the two laundromat a in town and both her packed with people, I felt this deed needed to be done anonymously, can't help but feel awkward taping bags of coins to machines already in use and a bunch of people watching. so we continued on to pick up Mark from work and head up to the kids lessons but on the way there I saw one of the laundromat so was now cleared out, completely empty, we only had a few minutes before the kids class but we dashed in anyway, figured that might be our only chance for that day.






I'm finding I am struggling a bit with this activity of a daily act of kindness. Struggling with the fact that I'm afraid our efforts may come off as annoying or weird. Things I always think are nice and fun most people don't and in this perverted, screwed up world we live in I am even more unsure of how our efforts will be received. As we are going through this there are some activities we had planned to do that I am second guessing so I'm not sure what the outcome of the whole thing will be, we've already missed one day so it may turn into 20 days rather than 25 at this point. It really bugs me that it's so hard to do silly, simple, nice things for people, without being made to feel foolish.

After

No comments:

Post a Comment